Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Gumballs For Sale!



Gumball Machines! We just started this last week with two of the seven fourth grade classes I see, and as you can see they sure are adorable! When they were in third grade we worked with Wayne Thiebaud, making delicious desserts that mimicked his style and use of the elements of art. This is a follow up
on that artist. We analyzed his gumball machines and refreshed our memories on him, then began to draw adorable gumball machines!
First we draw and outline our gumball machines. I demonstrated how to use a cylinder shape and draw a shadow while we traced a circle for the top. There were some requirements as to certain elements of art that needed to be added, but when they finished this stage we began with watercolors...below are some of the machines from my below average learners. As you can see, everyone is successful with the gumball machines!




3 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love Thiebaud's work- great job by your students. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing this lesson with first graders this week! Got your idea from Pinterest! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so excited to have been able to inspire you, and have a small part of bringing a fun project to your first graders! I would love to see how they turn out!

      Delete