Monday, October 10, 2011

Coming soon..... !

I know, I've been slacking in the posting department. I'm hoping that my camera will charge soon so I can take pictures of the projects we're working on now. In fifth grade, we're doing "Dia de los Muertos" (The Day of the Dead, or Festival of the Dead). Fourth is starting spooky silhouettes and third is working on Van Gogh inspired line art landscapes. Simple, yet powerful looking projects! I'm also toying with the idea of how to incorporate art journals/sketchbooks. Altered pages art journals and sketchbooks could be a wonderful way to extend their learning into their free time. However, finding the time in our curriculum to spend a day or two making the journals and teaching the art station will be key in this endeavor. Only time will tell! I'll let you know what I come up with when I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment